Letter #104 10/1/12 Where did all the time go?


Hey family,

I cannot believe this is the second to last time i´ll be writing you.
Where did all the time go?

I write you this week with a heart full of gratitude for these past
two years.  I have spent the past week thinking a lot of the blessings
the lord has let me experience these past two years and I am
overwelmed with everything that he has done for me, and for you all as
well in these past two years.

I had my last interview with the president this week.  It was more
than an hour long. He had a lot of advice for me!  He is truly an
inspired man.  I feel grateful as well for his service.  We talked
a lot about the mission and everything i´ve been able to do here, and
then a lot about the future.  and how to apply what i´ve learned to the
rest of my life.  I`m not 100% sure exactly what i want to do after
the mission -- what i´m going to study, or where to work.  But I´m
confident the lord will help me in these decisions as I continue to
serve.   In the interview the president helped me to see a greater
vision of everything i need to do after the mission,  there are truly
great things to come.

This week we shared  a talk by Elder Eyring with some of the members
of the ward in a mission activity,    where he said,  "whenever i
feel the temptation to sit down and take a rest, or whenever i feel
like i´ve completed some great task in the service of the lord and
deserve a break,  i give myself this rallying cry -- Remember Him--- "
  he then went on to explain that the savior even when he had finished
the greatest and hardest work the father had sent him to do,  when he
had suffered for our sins and died in the cross, he still didnt take
time to rest,    he then went to the spirit world and continued his
work preaching the gospel.     As we watched the video i felt the
spirit testify again that even though i´ve been serving for two years,
there´s really not time to rest.   and the president told me the same
in the interview,  even when i leave the mission i´ll always be a
missionary, i´ll always have my duties as a priesthood holder, and the
lord will give me callings so i can continue in his service.

Also this week--  we had a baptism of a boy named G,  all his
brothers and sisters are members but his mom and dad arent,  he was
baptized saturday and the service was super special,  there was a neat
spirit and the primary president shared a powerful testimony.
G´s dad came to the service and when it was over he was pretty
moved by everything,  we´re hoping we can visit him this week and get
him to attend general conference this week.      Yesterday in church i
had the chance to confirm G a member of the church.  it was
pretty neat because it was only the second time that i´ve done that in
my mission.

This past week i´ve also been keeping in contact with the elders in
Gaviotas, and the investigators we had are progressing super well.
One got baptized this week!  and two are getting married tomorrow!
hopefully they´ll give me permision to attend their baptism!

This week i´ve been a bit sick as well  i went to the doctor and they
said i had a sinus infection that had entered into my throat and ears.
and i´m still battling a bit with that. but its not that big of a deal
ha.  They did give me 3 shots though!

mostly i´m just happy to keep working as a missionary.   Super pumped
for the conference this weekend and excited to see you all soon.

Thanks for all the emails.

loved the pics of jack and slate. they look great.
tell dad i hope he gets feeling better soon!

love you all A LOT =)

atte.
Elder Matthew Daniel Lloyd!


No comments:

Post a Comment